Proper hair extension care is just as important as taking care of your natural hair. Experts recommend that hair extensions need even more care than our natural hair. From choosing the right shampoo for hair extensions, to properly styling them, you need to take good care of them. It is advised to avoid hair extension care products that have harsh chemicals such as sulfates and parabens. With the following valuable tips and tricks, you can take the best possible care of your hair extensions. Use a Sulfate-Free Shampoo for Hair Extensions: Using a paraben and sulfate-free shampoo for hair extensions is essential to maintaining the health of your hair extensions. A shampoo containing sulfate and other harsh chemicals can make your hair extensions drier and prone to tangling or matting. Sulfate and paraben-free shampoo for hair extensions are gentle cleansers and are developed to nourish your hair extensions and enhance their beauty. Wash Correctly: Washing your hair extensions correctly is essential to their overall health. Wash your hair extensions properly to prevent tangling and breakage. Before exposing your hair extensions to water, thoroughly detangle the hair from tips to roots using a wide-tooth comb. Always use lukewarm water to cleanse your hair extensions, as it opens the cuticle without encouraging tangles.
- Brush your hair to remove any tangles
- Do not wash your hair with your head upside down, as this can cause tangling
- Apply shampoo with stroke, do not scrub
- Be careful not to disturb the bonds of your hair extensions when washing your scalp
- Rinse thoroughly as normal
- Squeeze and pat your hair extensions to dry. Do not pull.
- Do not wrap your hair up in a towel, as it can put up unnecessary pressure on the hair extensions and roots