Generally, freight brokers do more complicated jobs. From complying with trucking regulations to tracking shipments, the freight brokers need to update every transportation activity in real-time. They do these processes manually, which can be overwhelming.
Hence, freight brokerage software simplifies the process for both freight brokers and customers. The application aims to make the job easier by allowing them managing activities related to freight movement remotely and digitally.
Whether it’s about dispatching consignment, client management, or warehouse management, the freight brokerage software can be helpful for brokers in different ways. Though the brokers can manage the business activities effortlessly through a reliable platform, they will help grow their freight broker business to a new level.
The freight brokers can leverage their transportation networks to receive more reservations, do deep market research to find new opportunities and identify challenges, and focus on creating a digital presence to create branding for business.
How Does Freight Broker Software Work?
A freight logistics broker software application will do much more than schedule shipments. Some of them are discussed below:
- As a reliable platform, it allows freight brokers to access and manage everything from a single point.
- It checks all the inventory-specific data apart from shipments. This is important for brokers working on consolidating and de-consolidating freight shipments.
- It allows brokers to schedule appointments for pickups after business hours.
- It comes with advanced analytic capabilities that give the brokers a better understanding of what’s exactly going on in the supply chain, measuring the reliability of shippers, carrier performance, different external factors influences, and much more.
- It helps document the storage centralization, which minimizes the requirement for record maintenance for compliance or payment purposes.
- It has integrated payment and completion management.
- It has a mobile option that allows brokers to manage freight remotely and effortlessly from different devices.
In short and simple words, freight logistics broker software is a universal, accessible and integrated platform that handles everything in a single network, including all stakeholders within the supply chain.
How Does Freight Broker Software Ensure Business Performance & Profitability?
Most experienced freight brokers understand what they want and require from the transportation management software. However, many brokers may not be completely aware of its significance on business performance and profitability. Please check out the post below.
Document Management –
When it comes to managing documents, the unified systems will eliminate the expensive delays and the additional stress coming along. Rather than searching records over different systems, the software enables you to save hundreds of work hours through its centralized storage.
You won’t need to wait longer to create a carrier scorecard. With brokerage software, you will receive real-time performance measurements of carriers, shipper relationships, and other logistics service providers.
You have to spend several minutes initiating every payment. But freight brokers can now use the integrated payment that will automate the accounting process while keeping the overall payment clock short.
Automation increases efficiency by minimizing the time spent by the operation teams on manual and repetitive tasks. The processes include several critical tasks like reviewing documents and managing payments. It will empower the broker with complete visibility and better efficiency. These functions will go well with load board tracking by keeping the use of maximum numbers of logistics service providers and the overhead costs under control.
Bottom Line –
When looking for the best brokerage software for freight management, you will never go wrong with NOVA’s Brokerage Software module. For more information about the software application, contact Aurora Software, Inc. at +1 800-304-1488.