Trucking dispatch apps/software are essential for logistics companies looking to increase driver performance, customer experience, and business growth. Yet, when it comes to implementing a modern dispatch system, businesses must pick between off-the-shelf software and custom trucking dispatch software.
Let’s assess how well each variation applies to the situation.
The Off-the-Shelf Software:
Small businesses that need to manage simple operations and have specific goals should use the off-the-shelf dispatch solution. Even though this kind of digital product is frequently inexpensive, it has several restrictions and downsides that may be a hindrance to advancement.
- First of all, readymade software, also referred to as off-the-shelf software, is vulnerable to hacking because strong security is not guaranteed.
- Then, customer support is also limited in off-the-shelf-software. This indicates that some consumer inquiries go unanswered because they might be outside the scope of the system’s current functionality.
- And lastly, the unique processes cannot be used with off-the-shelf software. To fulfil their needs, you must therefore develop a personalised trend as you follow the one that is already in place. As a result, as you grow with the advanced trend, you must design a unique one to satisfy those requirements.
The Customized Truck Dispatch Software:
Customized software is without a doubt the greatest option for logistics firms that are visionary and have a broad approach to resolving their issues. Here is how the customised solution is worth the investment, even if it is slightly more expensive than off-the-shelf.
- Complete control can be exerted over the customised solution. You are able to interact with developers, participate in the development lifecycle, and make crucial modifications.
- Your firm’s chances of avoiding data breaches and information leaks are improved by using custom freight dispatch software.
- Custom dispatch software can be integrated with a variety of platforms used by your logistics company, including platforms for fleet management, transportation management, and warehousing.
The logistics industry has undergone a revolution thanks to dispatch software. Due to the fact that it effectively handles and automates all crucial processes, it is an indispensable instrument for cargo delivery and transportation management.Aurora’s Air Freight Tracking Software system is part of the NOVA Software family. Our air freight tracking software demonstrates how you can boost business output while keeping control over your day-to-day air freight operations. Visit our website or call us at +1 800-304-1488 to know more about our Freight Dispatch Software.